We recognize and appreciate the importance of visitation to provide support to patients during their recovery process and the rights of patients to have visitors. We appreciate visitor’s respect for, and compliance with, our patient visitation policies.
Visitor Waiting Areas
Visitor waiting areas are provided on most Nursing Units and in the Front Lobby.
General Visiting Hours
Visitation hours for the General Care Units are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
Under special circumstances, one approved person per patient may remain overnight on the General Care Unit after 9:00 p.m.
Intensive Coronary Care Unit (ICCU) Visiting Hours
Visitation hours for the Intensive Care Unit are from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily, with only two approved visitors per patient.
Hospice Patient Visiting Hours
Hospice patients are permitted twenty-four hour visitation.
All persons visiting the hospital after 9:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. must be registered at the Central Registration desk, located on the first floor front lobby. A visitor’s pass, specifying the nursing unit and date, shall be issued on a nightly basis by the Central Registration Desk attendant, who will instruct the visitor to remain on the assigned unit, and to wear the pass on the chest area where it is clearly visible at all times.
In instances where visitation affects or distracts from patient care, we may limit visitation:
- Only one visitor may be at the bedside with patients in the Emergency Department at a time.
- Visitors are expected to follow hospital policies related to isolation and infection control including, but not limited to, wearing gloves, gown, mask, and washing hands, upon entering and exiting the patient rooms.
- Children visiting patient care areas must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Visitation by children may be restricted depending on the patient’s condition and circumstances as deemed appropriate by the nurse or Nursing Supervisor.
- Visitors may be requested to leave the room if procedures or care interventions need to be performed, in the event of an emergency, or when visitation may interfere with care of other patients.
- Visitors are asked to respect the privacy of other patients at all times.
- Visitation may be restricted or terminated for visitors who do not comply with the hospital’s visitor policy.
- Visitation may be restricted or terminated in instances where the hospital has declared an emergency situation.