The Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary was established in 1947. The organization consists of community volunteers who conduct a variety of activities to support Tyrone Hospital.
In its early years it raised funds that supported the actual creation and construction of Tyrone Hospital. Over the years the auxiliary has supported many projects and purchased a variety of equipment for the hospital. In addition the Auxiliary conducts special events for patients and hospital employees on certain holidays. One of the major projects supported by the Auxiliary is providing financial support for the operation of the Tyrone Hospital Care Car, a service that provides residents of Tyrone free transportation to Tyrone Hospital and local physician offices.
The Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary welcomes new members. For more information contact the Auxiliary at P.O. Box 31 Tyrone, PA 16686 or by calling (814) 684-3415.